We (the Musella Foundation For Brain Tumor Research & Information, Inc.) are exploring the possibility of partnering with EmergingMed.Com, Inc, to simplify the process of participating in clinical trials.
For the next few months, we will make both systems available, and based on your feedback, will then decide which system to use in the future. Both systems are free, and you are not under any obligation to enter a trial or stay in a trial that you find. The information is provided to help you find treatment alternatives.
The 2 systems are:
Our current system, where you can use the menu above to look for treatments by:
- Browsing through the latest listings
- Search for a keyword (such as 'Gliadel')
- Advanced search - where you can find treatments that match one or more of: the tumor type, treatment type, phase of trial, age group, geographical area, prior treatments, current status, a specific doctor or hospital
- Browse by tumor type
- Browse by Geographic location
- Browse by type of treatment: Surgery, Radiation, Immunotherapy, Gene Therapy, Chemotherapy, and Less Toxic treatments
The new system, which is maintained by EmergingMed.com, Inc, lets you fill out a profile and shows which trials you may be eligible for, or you can browse through their listings. They offer help in getting you into the trial, even helping you set up the initial appointment with the doctor.
To try out the new system, click HERE
Note that the listing of trials in each system is not the same - yet. So try both systems and please let us know what your thoughts are of each, and which you would prefer we work on for the future.
To give us your thoughts, click HERE